- Important Forms
- About Us
The Greener Choice Cremation using water, Alkaline Hydrolysis (Flameless Cremation) offers families the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to the environment on behalf of their loved one by making a decision that saves energy and reduces pollution.
* The process uses WATER instead of fire to bring the body back to the eco-system, for a truly green process. The process is about 95% water and 5% alkali. The alkalis used are found in common cosmetic products, body washes, shaving creams, and many household products. The sterile process does not release harmful emissions or air pollutants, neutralizes embalming fluids and pathogens, thereby protecting the earth's water, soil and air from pollution.
* Uses 85% less energy than a traditional flame cremation.
* Medical implants, which melt in cremation or are lost due to burial, are not affected by Flameless Cremation and can be recycled.
* No burning of caskets or fossil fuels.
* No mercury pollution released from dental fillings.
* The carbon footprint is less than 1/10 of a flame cremation.
* No trees cut down for caskets or for burial land.
* This process is not new. Trusted institutions have chosen this process for bodies donated to medical science for many years. The well-known MAYO Clinic has used alkaline hydrolysis since 2006.
* A traditional type funeral service is still possible prior to flameless cremation, or, a memorial service can be celebrated with or with out the remaining mineral ash present.